HealthTech member engagement
Sermo, a prominent social network for physicians, sought to boost engagement on their platform. At this time, posting content as a team member had to be done the same way as members, without deployment options or design variations. The goal of this project was to create a versatile card posting system specifically for growth team to deliver content when and how was most useful for member engagement.
Enhance the design and behavior of posts to stand out in the platform feed from content from members and client advertisements
Design admin forms to empower the growth team to create various card types themselves
Here is the homepage of the physician membership platform before the changes were made. In the center is an example of a growth team post which would look just like a member post except for the pulse logo avatar.
The project involved revamping the membership-facing cards and the admin side for the growth team to create the cards. The card system was designed to accommodate different post types, such as promotions, community highlights, and partnerships. It aimed to minimize engineering work for faster delivery by retaining core features and functions and only adding the most necessary.
Research encompassed analyzing the current capabilities of posts and studying how other companies managed similar content. Valuable insights were gleaned from this exploration, influencing the final design decisions.
This project became far reaching in terms of behavior, looking into frequency, pinning, segmentation, and types of cards from promos to community highlights to partnerships. We ended up tailoring it down for the MVP but had a depth of exploration to move into later.
Above are three examples of the mapping I did to see how the cards would translate from admin to design, the layout of the card components to compare to each other, and frequency options.
Reflecting on this project, I recognize the valuable learning opportunities in my thorough exploration of various options, such as post frequency and features in the expanded state. While I invested time in categorizing structures and prototyping different layouts, I have come to appreciate the importance of periodically reassessing developmental limits. The extensive exploration was instrumental in understanding project boundaries, and I now understand the significance of simplifying both questions and solutions as a means of achieving clarity. As this project is designed to be ongoing and expansive, the comprehensive exploration, though detailed, provides a solid foundation for future iterations and a more streamlined approach moving forward.
This is a couple sections of the admin side of making the cards. The admin platform was engineered without user experience in mind, so there were a few parts that were not intuitive that still had to remain the same for the timeline we had.
The outcome was a comprehensive system of cards that not only provided a wide range of engaging post types but also allowed the growth team to create them independently.
The session length increased by 32% with a notable uptick of 153% in the number of posts viewed Year over Year within the G7 countries. This change seems to indicate that users dedicated more time to scrolling and engaging with content, likely due to the improved targeting and relevance of the content being offered.
Members could now discover Sermo team posts more easily, and the Sermo team could share content in a more appealing manner, leading to better user engagement.
This shows four example of the consistency and versatility of the final cards when they are in a closed state.