The goal of this project was to create a video that people without a scientific background could understand. The two of us created the illustrations, the animation, and a good portion of the script together. I did the voice-over as well.
This is a pilot video for Ligo Project, a non-profit organization with a mission to connect scientific research to a broader public created by Katja Frederiksen and myself.
After that, we spent many iterations storyboarding, developing our illustration on Illustrator, learning AfterEffects- until it became what you see.
There is room for improvement in our video, but we had a great time in the process as we learned about science, how to develop as story, and even how to use AfterEffects.
We read through the report and narrowed down the important aspects, checking in with our very helpful scientist clients to make sure that as we condensed, we didn't leave important parts out.
We began researching the physical appearance of the components in the report, and Katja drew some sketches.